07 June 2011

This is why...


The drive into Kings Canyon showed us really how small we are and presented us with views nothing short of breathtaking. Again I do not have adequate words to describe it, it truly is a king's canyon. Hopefully the photos might go some way to doing it justice. A walk along the valley floor necessitated Brad's implementation of the “photo opportunity” system. Brad always leads the way when walking (something which I resisted at first, but have given up following our prior experiences), this can lead to me disappearing off the path or stopping for a period in search of a photo, and so I am now required to call out “photo opportunity” when stopping so Brad doesn't contemplate sending out a search party.

This same walk confirmed why at 29 and 31 we'd put great careers on hold and spend a year in a 22 by 8 foot space. For anyone who ever questioned why we did this, this is why.



In my memory, Yosemite holds still more beauty, soon we'll see how good my memory is.

No comments:

Post a Comment